Saturday, October 1, 2011

Celebrated slaves

I am an engineer. As the word engineer says i work on engines and machines.I try to understand the working and logic of most things around my life.My instinct to investigate deep into the characteristics of machines around me gives me opportunity to implement them practically, which gives me immence pleasure. My services are for my society.I work, I play,I live a moral life.

These pleasant and extinct words no more reflect the life of an Engineer.The word engineer today no more stands for a person any way related to machines. Its an exaggerated description of any job in the world that follows engineering design and development procedures. The broad sense of the word has also uprooted the respect and dignity of the job. The most surprising of them being software engineers. They are reared to work day night in the hope of a lavish life style and a hand full of money which they would once achieve.Pressure and work leaves them dry of any values in life. They seldom look around them. Strangers to the very near ones and care little about using their talent.They flock in to the discos at nights and weekends in a futile attempt to forget their miseries and put on an act of having a life of joy. Many have lost their families and more are on the verge of losing it. For those who have...they try hard to keep it alive. With no commitments they live the life of celebrated slaves.

1 comment: