Saturday, July 25, 2009

Train Journey

I got a little journey this Tuesday.Got to go to my college to collect some stuff.I dont have a reservation in the train.So i got to go by the II nd class.No no no. Not when i am bad at stomach.
The ordinary compartment is always full packed.But since i have no luggage getting in should nt be impossible.
The full packed train ,stinking dirty doors and floors,people lying flat on the "Only Luggage" portion all this is nt a problem as 4 years of college had made this a daily sight to me.But all i cant afford is the bathroom.

I remember the only day i got into a very dry, and non stinky bathroom.It was in a passenger train.I was surprised to find it in such good condition.proudly i used it and tried to flush....... bhum.. The water tank too is as dry as the bathroom.It was nt the fact of leaving the bathroom without a flush that hurt me.But the fact that i had littered possibly the only non stinky bathrooms i had ever found in Indian Railways.

And the day i got stomach probs.... Its not about my stomach or about the stinkyness.Here my thought ponders in to the polluted environment the unlucky children living near the railway tracks undergo.i ve seen many of them playing on these tracks and the thought that i am here offering them a great sight the next morning.

For a country with its majority bitten by poverty its not the cleanliness or luxury but the basic facility provided for travel that is being counted.With the largest and cheapest railway may be we do not deserve better.But is that it.Is that a compramise that we should make for the money.Oh yes because its not my family.i can travel with half the price that i have to pay for bus and spent the rest of the money on pizza and coffee.Why should i care.

No comments:

Post a Comment